The Future of Learning: Flexibility and Quality at SGSU
The Future of Learning: Flexibility and Quality at SGSU
- November 2, 2023
- Posted by: BDM Fox
According to the indicators of the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), India had a low level of upper-secondary education attainment among adults in 2019 with 71% of them lacking this qualification.
Scope Global Skills University (SGSU) was established in 2023 by an act of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly with the objective of education with skills while aiming at making the youth of the country skill-smart. The university empowers students to reach their full potential while becoming the leaders of tomorrow. This university believes that education is not just about imparting knowledge but is all about making the youth skill-ready and equipping necessary mindset to excel in this rapidly changing world.
The Changing Landscape of Education
The world is evolving at a rapid pace, which means the way we learn and study in order to thrive in the world has to change as well. For a long time, education has been about spending a good chunk of our early years sitting in the classroom and absorbing information before heading out to put it to some use in reality. But the pace of change today means that whatever we learn one day can be redundant the next time. This means the way we learn has to change while embracing technology and conceptions like life-long learning to ensure that we are better equipped for the transformative world of today.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) which is described as one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century is responsible for reshaping each and every industry and human activity’s field, including education. In the classroom, it can be found in the form of virtual assistants that can help both teachers as well as students to complete their assignments and manage their time. It also involves tutoring systems which can provide a personalised learning experience for students of all ages and abilities, powering online and remote learning systems that can adapt the pace of teaching to match the requirements of students.
SGSU’s commitment to Quality Education
SGSU’s commitment to industry-focused training and excellence has earned a coveted response. In one of the momentous events which mark the new era in the educational landscape in Central India, SGSU has been honoured as the region’s first-ever skills university by News 18 MP CG. The recognition celebrates the commitment of SGSU to excellence in the provision of top-notch programs of skill development in a competitive world. It is empowering the youth with innovative expertise for a competitive world. The university’s unwavering commitment to quality education, industry-focused training and pursuit of innovation has earned them this coveted title.
Technology and Innovation in Education at SGSU
It is quite evident that innovation and technology can bridge the skill gap faced by students. SGSU, being one of the first universities in central India emphasises skill development programs to help students bridge the skill gap in an effective manner. Innovation in education can come in many forms. It is extremely important to remember that innovation is not always about implementing technology in the classroom but can include a new methodology of teaching for a specific topic or project:
- Project Based Learning or PBL: It helps students in the identification of real-world problems and the development of solutions for them. One can introduce PBL-Unit as a part of a larger lesson where students can exercise their problem-solving, and creative thinking and collaborate with other students.
- Blended Learning: Blended learning combines traditional classroom learning with online learning. Students need to become comfortable with using the internet and online tools to contribute to their learning. An approach to blended learning provides students with the ability to discover the best ways to use tools that they will rely heavily on in their professional lives.
- EdTech: It generally refers to any application, software or service developed for the enhancement of education. One must not get too deep into it but the introduction of technology in the classroom can be considered pivotal in the student’s academic growth. Classroom technologies that are innovative often mirror the innovation outside of education. Hence, the more students engage with technologies in the classroom, the better prepared they will be to engage with and through technology in their professional space.
Innovation of Educational Technology
As mentioned above, innovation in education does not have to mean introducing technology in the classroom. However, educational technology certainly has its role in the process of innovation in education. Let us consider some innovative technologies of education that SGSU can introduce in the classroom:
- Feedback Assessment Tools: Feedback is extremely crucial for both the students to receive and to give. It can aid teachers in gauging comprehension in real-time and getting a pulse check of the class. Feedback assessment tools are very easy to introduce in a class. Teachers can use them today by asking them to raise their hands in approval for a certain question and count the responses.
- Virtual classrooms and Video conferencing: Virtual classrooms are platforms of video conferencing built with specific tools for the purpose of learning. One can conduct virtual classes or provide options for students to collaborate virtually. In this way, students and teachers both need to become more comfortable on video.
- Video Projects: The students can be considered digital natives in the contemporary era. They can also be considered video creators. Faculties can leverage this passion by bringing video into their projects. They can assign projects for student collaborators for the creation of videos around certain topics. In this way, they will not only exercise their creativity but also sharpen their communication skills as they collaborate together.
In conclusion, the future of learning at SGSU revolves around quality education and flexibility. In response to the rapidly evolving educational landscape and transformative power of technology, SGSU embraces lifelong learning, innovation in various forms, industry-focused training including project-based learning, integration of educational technology, and blended learning. Recognised as Central India’s first-ever skills university, SGSU’s commitment to excellence in skill development programs is equipping the youth with the necessary tools for a competitive world.