Discover the trends and potentials of Certificate and Diploma courses
Discover the trends and potentials of Certificate and Diploma courses
- January 16, 2024
- Posted by: BDM Fox
According to a study, around 44% of respondents stated that a degree increases earning potential.
In this immensely competitive market, upskilling and continuous knowledge gaining has become a necessity. Due to such increasing demand for skills and knowledge, certification courses and diploma courses are also rising. What is a certificate or certification program? It is a specialized education that helps to develop specific skills to enhance career perspective. Certificate programs and courses also function as a method of continuing education, resulting in knowledge building in a particular field. Professional certifications assist in rapid advancement in career and promise to provide professional competence.
Diploma courses are programs that take less time, enhance skills, and help in gaining relevant knowledge in a particular field. These courses are chosen by the students after the completion of 12th grade or graduation. The diploma certificate helps in enhancing skills and makes the students industry-ready. Diploma courses are chosen when there is a lack of time for degree courses to be pursued. This blog deals with the benefits and advantages provided by the certificate and diploma courses to students aspiring to be job-ready and gain relevant skills in various subjects.
How do Certification Courses benefit us?
According to a survey it has been observed that 92% of candidates have become more confident in their abilities after certification courses.
Certification courses are short-term courses that increase job opportunities in numerous ways. It helps to impart industry-related knowledge and skills to excel in a particular industry. Certificate courses in today’s world help in recognizing one’s expertise and strength, resulting in enhancing their job performance. There are several other advantages of certification courses. Some of how certification courses benefit us are:
- These courses help in providing a competitive advantage and set yourself apart from the competitors.
- Certification courses boost efficiency through advanced knowledge and training, benefitting the entire workforce.
- The earning potential of the person increases effectively due to increased knowledge and abilities.
- Certification courses provide the opportunity to learn those skills that are in high demand in the market.
- The courses let the students work at their own pace and acquire the certificate at their time limit. This helps to maintain the work-life balance.
- These certification courses cost less than the degree courses, making the programs affordable for many students who find higher education to be out of their budget.
Diploma courses and their importance
According to a study, 37% of the candidates have stated that a degree helps in providing relevant training for a specific career.
Diploma courses focus on vocational education where the training is inclined towards enhancing career growth and providing help to achieve life goals. For aspirants who prioritise jobs and career growth over in-depth knowledge, diploma programs are the perfect course for them. Before choosing a diploma course for career growth, you must know the perks and benefits of this short-term course. Some of the benefits of diploma courses are:
- A diploma course can provide the career of your choice apart from knowledge and skills. The course curriculum makes the students job-ready by training them for professional development.
- The positive prospect of career growth is the most important advantage of all. A diploma course enhances professional expertise from an early stage, making the student an expert in the field in less time.
- The value of yours as an employee will increase. The course trains the students to make them industry-ready by equipping them with relevant skills and knowledge through expert training.
- The main focus of a diploma course is on effective learning and the duration of the course, making it convenient for several students to pursue.
- Apart from being a short-term program, diploma courses are also cost-effective compared to degree courses.
Upcoming trends in skills
A study conducted states that 76% of the professionals willingly work with an organization that encourages continuous learning.
With the rapid technological advancements, the needs and focus of industries are also changing rapidly. The companies that are not able to adapt fast enough, get kicked out of the competition immediately. This has made the companies hire the best talent available, making skill development the most crucial part of training and education. Acquiring industry-related knowledge and skills is a top priority of the courses offered by various academic institutions. Some of the upcoming trends in skill development are:
- Creative and innovative skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Social influence and leadership
- Stress tolerance and resilience
- Reasoning and analytical thinking skills
- Technology use and programming
- Control and monitoring
- Active learning skills
- Flexibility and originality
Certification and Diploma courses offered by SGSU
SGSU or Scope Global Skills University is a skill-based university in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh which was established in 2023. SGSU provides expert training on skill development and provides industry exposure through internships and apprenticeships. Through its wide range of programs, SGSU provides industry-relevant training with the help of expert instructors and faculties. The various certificate and diploma programs offered by SGSU are:
- Certificate course in Ethical Hacker
- Certificate course in French language level 1
- Certificate Course in Office Automation
- Certificate course in Debt Recovery Agent
- Certificate course in Accounting with Tally
- Certificate course in Goods and Service Tax
- Certificate course in Microfinance Executive
- Certificate course in Fashion Illustrations
- Certificate course in Assistant Fashion Designer
- Certificate course in Basics of Human Psychology
- Certificate course in Stress Management
- Diploma course in Interior Designing
- Diploma course in Fashion Designing
- Diploma course in EEE
- Diploma course in Advanced Art and Technical Teaching Program
- Diploma course in NTT (Nursery Teacher Training)
- Diploma course in Music/Dance/Fine Arts
- Diploma course in Language (French/German/Japanese)
In a world where technological advancements and digitization are taking a fast pace, there has also been an increase in the demand for technologically skilled and expert employees. Due to the rapid advancements, the time allotted for acquiring skills is decreasing. This is where certification courses and diploma courses enter by providing industry-relevant knowledge and practical experience for job seekers and students. These courses not only help in expanding knowledge but also empower people through skill development. With a comprehensive approach, the certificate and diploma courses complete the curriculum within a shorter period than the degrees. This saves time as well as money which can be further invested into something productive. There are a vast number of advantages offered by these short-term courses that should be considered before enrolling for any course. While certificate courses are designed to provide relevant information and knowledge, diploma courses are designed to provide a path for professional expertise in a brief time. Keeping an eye on the dynamic job market, it has become important to adapt to the evolving trends and become industry-relevant for a successful career.